12 RELIGIOUS SYMBOLS

12 RELIGIOUS SYMBOLS
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ SYMBOLS OF TWELVE MAJOR WORLD RELIGIONS ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

15.10.10

SIKH PRAYERS:

PRAYER OF GURU NANAK:   
             
O You eternal, the formless one!
I beseech You, O true Guru, the true Being, God’s own,
GURU NANAK
We, the humble and the lowly, have sought Your refuge,
Take pity and awaken the name in us,
Neither chastity nor truth nor wisdom
Do I, ignorant wretch, have in life, O Lord!
Nanak, therefore, seeks humbly the refuge of those who forget You not.
Says Nanak: Impurities attach to my name.
But I surrender to You, O Lord,
We, the meek and lowly belong to You, O Lord,
Save us, O save us, You the Highest of High.
Your name is Nanak’s only mainstay and in Your name lies his peace.
O Nanak, may we rise up on the current of the Holy Name – to your presence;
And wish peace unto all the world, by Your will!
Dress polluted pleases not my Love,
To His pure bed how can I move?
O true Lord of Benignity!
Let me an utter sacrifice be To You and remembering You,
O Love, to You let me sacrificed eternally.

COURTESY: punjabijanta.com

***********************************

No comments: